- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar plus a pinch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon plus a pinch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground all spice
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup apples, diced
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper cups.
- Toss apples with a pinch of cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ground all spice.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and add eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla and mix well. Fold in apples.
- Pour mix in to muffin pan and fill 2/3 full.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Bake for 23-27 minutes until tops are golden brown and tester inserted in to center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Variations Reduce apples to 1 cup and add a ½ cup of pecans, walnuts or dried cranberries.