- 8 ounce package of crescent rolls
- 1 cup diced apples
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 pinches of cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, quartered
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Maple syrup for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine apples, sugar and 1 pinch of cinnamon. In a separate bowl whisk together mik, egg and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Unroll 8 crescent roll wedges. Dip 4 pieces in to egg mixture and set on nonstick baking sheet. Top each with apples and a cube of butter. Dip additional 4 crescent wedges in egg mixture and place on top of apples. Seal edges and fold corners.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with maple syrup and chopped pecans or walnuts
Instead of all apples combine ½ cup apples and ½ cup banana slices.
Add in dried cranberries.
Add in a few dollops of mascarpone cheese.
Top with confectioners sugar and cinnamon.