Its September 1st, the unofficial first day of fall for some. Time to start packing up the pool gear and start breaking out the rakes. Before we know it many of us we’ll be hard at work on the weekends raking up leaves.
Most kids are back in school and some will be embarking on their first day back after this holiday weekend. Time to get ready for fall bake sales, kids slumber parties and Friday night football games.
These soft and chewy cookies are a cross between a sugar cookie and a snickerdoodle.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and cream of tartar and set aside.
- Using an electric mix cream together butter, sugar and cinnamon until blended. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. Slowly add in flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Make tablespoon size balls with dough and place on nonstick cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cool on wire rack.