This should come with a warning label on it as it is highly addictive!
This is not your box of crunch and munch. This is good stuff!
If you like to make Halloween treats for the kids you need to make them a bag of this delicious goodness. Better yet, make a bag for the kids, and a bag for mom and dad too so they can munch on this while walking door to door with their kids. But watch out they may be ringing your door bell for more!
This delicious treat doesn’t just need to be for Halloween. Its perfect for your next movie night or if you are a popcorn lover, you will love this.
Have some fun with it too. You can add in some of your favorite treats such as nuts, dried fruit, M&M’s too. If you do add in something you may want to reduce the amount of popcorn you use slightly just so you still have the right ratio of caramel sauce to go over the mix.
Whether you put these in treat bags, or a pour in to a big bowl it is bound to be a treat everyone will enjoy!
|Combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and cream of tartar in a medium sauce pan.|
|Bring to boil and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from hit and add in baking soda and salt.|
|Pour over popcorn in a large roaster pan and toss to coat. Bake for 45 minutes.|
Oven Baked Salted Caramel Popcorn
Serves: 6 quarts
- 6 quarts popcorn, popped
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼cup corn syrup
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Place popcorn in large roasting pan.
- In a medium saucepan add butter, sugar, corn syrup and cream of tartar and stir frequently over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Bring mixture to a boil and continuously stir for about 3-5 minutes until until mixture is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and ½ teaspoon coarse salt.
- Pour sauce over popcorn and toss to coat popcorn.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with remaining salt.