- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 2 15.5oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn (frozen and thawed)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado (about 1/2 an avocado)
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise (or regular)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Heat 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and saute until onions are tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash black beans using a potato masher until desired consistency. Add in corn, ketchup, soy sauce, cumin, Sriracha, cilantro, salt and pepper, onion and garlic and until well combined. Fold in bread crumbs until mixture holds together. Form into patties and chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook burgers until crispy, about 5 minutes per side.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until combined. Chill for 15 minutes and serve as desired.
Black Bean Burgers adapted from: Bake Your Day