Black Bean Sliders with Avocado Mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup white onion diced
- 2 15.5 oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn frozen and thawed
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Avocado Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado about 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise or regular
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Slider or regular hamburger buns for serving
- Optional Toppings
- Mashed avocado
- Red onion
- Sliced tomato
- Chopped cilantro
Heat 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
Add garlic and onion and saute until onions are tender.
Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large bowl mash black beans using a potato masher until desired consistency.
Add in corn, ketchup, soy sauce, cumin, Sriracha, cilantro, salt and pepper, onion and garlic and until well combined.
Fold in bread crumbs until mixture holds together. Form into patties and chill for 10-15 minutes.
Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook burgers until crispy, about 5 minutes per side.
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until combined. Chill for 15 minutes and serve as desired.
To assemble, place cooked burger on bun. Top with avocado mayonnaise and optional toppings.
Make it low carb - skip the bun and serve in a lettuce wrap!
Adapted from Bake Your Day