If you are a granola lover and typically purchase your granola at the market or elsewhere I definitely encourage you to make your own. There are so many varieties and it is so easy to whip up. Toss the ingredients in a large bowl, spread on a baking sheet and let the oven slowly crisp your rolled oats into crunchy granola. The granola stores well for a few weeks in an airtight container. Thinking ahead to the holidays, a batch of homemade granola is always a nice gift which I have done in the past.
- 2½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine rolled oats, coconut flakes, walnuts, pecans, almonds and flax seed. In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, maple syrup, water and coconut oil.
- Pour mixture over oat mixture and stir until combined. Spread mixture on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir. Continue to bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes more.
- Stir in cranberries. Let cool completely.
Check out more great recipes from Secret Recipe Club below.