I don’t know many people that don’t.
For all the chocolate lovers out there, these muffins are for you. They are sinfully rich in chocolate and best paired with a tall glass of milk. Muffins are typically known as a breakfast food but these are just as good for dessert as well.
I’ve learned through my years of baking that using good quality chocolate will yield amazing results. Even if you are making a simple chocolate dessert or these delicious muffins you will taste the difference when using good chocolate.
Dagoba Organic Chocolates offers a product line that includes twelve pure and exotic chocolate bars, four organic drinking chocolates and a range of home baking products. This past spring Dagoba Organic Chocolates announced that their full line of chocolate eating and baking products will now be made strictly with cacao from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms. By choosing products that are certified you are supporting farms that protect the rights and the well-being of farm workers, their families and communities.
This week Dagoba is celebrating The Rainforest Alliance’s second annual Follow The Frog Week. This week long campaign encourages people to support a healthy environment by choosing products and services that feature their little green frog. To find out more about the Rainforest Alliance Follow The Frog Week and how you can participate you can visit www.rainforest-alliance.org.
For one lucky winner you will receive the following:
GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED
Enter here! Good luck!
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate or Dagoba Unsweetened Chocolate For Baking
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips or Dagoba Chocodrops Premium Chocolate Drops
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin pan with paper liners or spray with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Pour chocolate into a large bowl. Stir in sugar, egg, vanilla extract and milk and mix until combined. Stir in flour mixture. Gently stir in chips or Chocodrops.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes until tester inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Set on wire rack to cool.
Disclaimer: I received Dagoba products to try. I was not compensated to write this post. All opinions are my own.