- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate or Dagoba Unsweetened Chocolate For Baking
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips or Dagoba Chocodrops Premium Chocolate Drops
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin pan with paper liners or spray with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Pour chocolate into a large bowl. Stir in sugar, egg, vanilla extract and milk and mix until combined. Stir in flour mixture. Gently stir in chips or Chocodrops.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes until tester inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Set on wire rack to cool.