Who can pass up pizza for breakfast? Especially when it is made with crumbly sausage topped with hash browns, eggs and cheese on a flaky crescent roll crust. Not only is this the perfect pizza for breakfast or brunch, it is easy to make too.
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 8 ounce refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook and crumble sausage. Drain any grease and set aside.
- Separate crescent roll dough into eight triangles and place on a lightly greased 10 inch round pizza pan with points facing the center. Press over the bottom to form a crust and press seams together. Spoon sausage over crust and sprinkle with hash browns and cheddar cheese.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour over cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crust is golden brown.
Alternatively you can use a 12" pizza pan for a thinner crust or a small 9x13 inch baking sheet. You need to make sure the pan you use has sides and the entire bottom of pan is covered in the crescent roll crust or the egg mixture will run.
Adapted from Taste of Home Best Holiday Recipes