My favorite Italian restaurant I love dining at serves a Meatball Insalata that Mr. Mother Thyme loves to order. It is a romaine salad with red wine vinegar, shaved parmigiano, tomatoes and a huge meatball tossed in a red sauce. A meatball in a salad totally works.
When I was last there over the holidays I wanted to try something different from one of my usual pasta dishes. The waiter suggested their Chicken Milanese. I haven’t had Chicken Milanese in so long so it was a welcome change to my usual Lobster Ravioli with Prosecco Cream Sauce that I love to order.
With meatballs and Chicken Milanese on my mind, I thought of combining the two into a Chicken Milanese meatball. Friends, this is one mighty good meatball. Crispy outside and all the flavor of Chicken Milanese in meatball. Instead of just serving the meatballs with a few lemon wedges which is common with Chicken Milanese, I serve it with a lemon butter sauce which is perfect drizzled on top of a simple arugula salad served with a meatball and a Parmesan shavings.
You must be admiring that beautiful Le Creuset braiser in these photos. Isn’t it lovely? It is the newest color Quince exclusively available at Williams-Sonoma. And guess what? I was invited to participate in a Pinterest contest with 17 other food bloggers. I’m up against some stiff competition, so I need your help (pretty please). I need you to hop to the Williams-Sonoma Pinterest board and “like” my photo for Chicken Milanese Meatballs. The photo with the most “likes” by the March 4th will win a set of Quince to giveaway on their blog! You don’t have to repin it, just click the like button for it to count. Easy peasy, right?
I would love to giveaway a set that includes a 3.5qt Signature Braiser, 10.25” Signature Skillet and 3.5qt Oval Oven, valued at $585.00 to one of you! So head over to the Williams-Sonoma Pinterest Board (click HERE) and “like” my photo for Chicken Milanese Meatballs. Thanks so much!
Combine chicken, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, salt in pepper in large bowl.
Make 4 large 4 ounce meatballs and roll in remaining bread crumbs.
Add to braiser or large skillet.
Cook until all sides are golden brown. Continue to cook in oven until cooked through.
Set meatballs aside and melt butter.
Add in wine, lemon juice and zest. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Drizzle on top of arugula salad or toss with pasta.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1¼ cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- zest from one lemon
- Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- Baby arugula for serving (optional)
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat oil in braiser or large skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl combine ground chicken, ½ cup bread crumbs, egg, parsley, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Make 4 large 4 ounce balls and place on wax paper.
- Add remaining ¾ cup bread crumbs to a medium bowl.
- Roll each meatball in bread crumbs and place in braiser or large skillet.
- Cook meatballs in skillet until all sides are golden brown, about 7-8 minutes.
- Transfer meatballs into the oven and continue cooking for another 15-20 minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
- Set meatballs aside on a paper towel.
- Carefully wipe the same braiser or large skillet clean.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add in wine, lemon juice and zest and bring to a low boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve meatballs on a bed of arugula leaves drizzled with lemon butter sauce and shaved Parmesan.
Disclosure: I was provided with a Le Creuset Quince braiser. All opinions are my own.