Grab a fork and get ready to make this for dinner tonight.
I love many pasta dishes. Classic spaghetti, Penne with Vodka Sauce and one of my favorites, Ravioli with Processo Cream Sauce. This Linguine with Tuna Sauce is definitely on my list of top five favorite pasta dishes. It is light, so easy to whip up and has such a great combination of flavors that are simple yet work so well together. The sauce is made just with butter, olive oil, garlic and a splash of white wine that is tossed with linguine and flakes of tuna. The kalamata olives and capers complete this flavorful dish. Let me not forget to mention how inexpensive it is to make. Once you take a bite you’ll think it came from an Italian restaurant. It is simple, delicious and affordable; you can’t beat that!
This is one of those dishes you wish you had leftovers of, so you may want to double it because everyone will want seconds. It is great if you enjoy Seafood Fridays, or any night of the week. Keeping a few Flavor Fresh pouches of StarKist Tuna Creations on hand in your pantry makes whipping up dinner a breeze. They are great to toss in salads, for on the go and for recipes like Tuna Enchiladas Verde, and of course for Linguine with Tuna Sauce.
Trust me, you definitely want to add this to your dinner menu. This has been a hit around my kitchen table. Serve with a simple tossed salad and a nice crusty loaf of fresh bread from the bakery for a dinner that tastes great and didn’t take long to prepare.
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked al dente
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons white cooking wine
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted and cut and half
- 1-2 tablespoons capers
- 2 (2.6 ounce each) pouches Starkist Herb and Garlic Tuna Creations
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until butter melts.
- Add in garlic and cook for about a minute longer.
- Stir in olive and capers.
- Add in linguine and toss to coat then toss in tuna and cook for a few minutes until heated through.
- Toss in Parmesan, parsley and a few cracks of black pepper.
- Serve immediately.