Nothing beats grilling burgers during the summer. Sure a classic All-American burger will always hit the spot, but I love to have fun and experiment with a variety of flavors. A few weeks ago I developed this recipe for General Tso’s Chicken Burgers for Simply Asia. Holy yum! It has quickly become a new favorite of ours. If you love General Tso’s chicken, you need to give this burger a try. It has all the yummy flavors that you find in General Tso’s all mixed into a juicy burger.
For the next two weeks this recipe, along with two other recipes I created and I look forward to sharing here are entered into the Simply Asia Summer Recipe Challenge. You can head over to the Simply Asia Facebook page to vote for this recipe, along with the two other recipes I have coming up.
If you are crave take-out like I do, Simply Asia has a line of products to help make your favorite take-out dishes right in your own home, or to try something new like these General Tso’s Chicken Burgers. These burgers combine Simply Asia General Tso’s Stir Fry Sauce and Simply Asia Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning to make the ultimate burger of a take-out favorite.
- Preheat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add peppers and cook until tender, about 12 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of General Tso Stir Fry sauce for serving.
- In a large bowl add chicken, 1 tablespoon General Tso Stir Fry Sauce, breadcrumbs, Sweet Ginger Garlic seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Form mixture into 4 equal size patties and place in skillet.
- Cook for about 6-7 minutes. Flip and brush with some of the remaining General Tso stir fry sauce, cook for another 6-7 minutes. Flip and brush with additional sauce. Continue to cook until burgers are thoroughly cooked.
- Place burgers on buns. Brush with reserved sauce and top with peppers.
- Serve immediately.