This creamy Apple Pie Dip is topped with crisp apples and baked until hot and bubbly. Serve with pie crust chips for a delicious fall treat.
I know its not fall yet, but I’m ready. Some of the leaves on the trees have already started changing color and the pumpkins in our garden are just about orange. Before we know it the temperatures will drop and fall will be in the air.
With fall comes apple picking, hayrides, apple cider, and my favorite apple pie. What’s better than apple pie with a flaky, buttery crust and a streusel topping? Apple Pie Dip. All the yummy flavors of your favorite apple pie in a dip form. Serve with cinnamon pita chips, nilla wafers, or bake a few pre-made pie crusts an cut them into “chips” for a tasty dip that is great for all your fall weekend get togethers.
This Apple Pie Dip includes a creamy layer of cream cheese whipped with sugar, yogurt and a touch of cinnamon that is spread in a pie dish. It is topped with crisp Granny Smith apples tossed with cinnamon and sugar. Bake for about 20 minutes until hot and bubbly and the apples are just tender. I totally suggest drizzling this with caramel topping if you have some on hand. Serve warm for a hot apple pie dip, but its just as good cold. I admit I have found myself diving into this in the refrigerator with just a spoon. Once you try this, I’m sure you will be too.
What you need
Vanilla non-fat yogurt
Granny Smith apples
Step one: Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Chop apples and toss with lemon juice.
Step two: In a small bowl mix brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle on top of apples and toss to coat.
Step three: In a medium bowl mix cream cheese, yogurt, sugars, vanilla and cinnamon until creamy. Spread in the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish.
Step four: Top with apples and bake for about 20 minutes until hot and bubbly and apples are slightly tender.
Note: for these photographs I used two smaller dishes. You can use whatever you would like to serve this in but to keep in the theme of apple pie I recommend using a 9-inch pie dish.
- 3 cups granny smith apples, peeled and chopped (about 4 apples)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 8 ounce cream cheese, regular or light
- ¼ cup vanilla non-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl toss apples with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix cream cheese, yogurt, sugars, vanilla and cinnamon until creamy. Spread mixture on the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Top cream cheese layer with apples and gently push apples slightly into the cream cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes until hot and bubbly and apples are slightly tender.
- Serve warm or cold.
More favorite dips
Banana Bread Dip
Buffalo Cauliflower Dip