Soft Coconut Cherry Drops filled with sweet coconut flakes, chopped walnuts and maraschino cherries. These will quickly become a favorite!
Countdown to Christmas Cookies — Week 3
Have you planned your holiday cookie list yet? If you like a nice variety of cookies to bake throughout the holiday season, you will want to add these to your list. They are so easy to make and will quickly become a holiday favorite.
For me, when it comes to baking cookies I’m all about easy peasy cookie recipes. On occasion and when I actually have time to spare, I’ll make some cut outs or more elaborate cookies. Most of the time, I’m all about make, drop and bake. Who’s with me?
These Coconut Cherry Drops are so festive for the holidays with the bright red maraschino cherries. They look so pretty on any cookie platter or even tucked in a little box tied with a ribbon for gift giving. Of course if you are attending a cookie exchange, these would be great as well. My only problem with these cookies as I can’t stop eating them. I love the texture and the flavor, and once you try these I’m sure you will too.
Have you missed Week 1 or 2 of the Countdown to Christmas Cookies? Be sure to check these holiday favorites below.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup chopped maraschino cherries, rinsed, drained,patted dry
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric mixer beat butter and brown sugar.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix in flour mixture until combined.
- Slowly mix in coconut flakes, walnuts and chopped cherries until combined.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon on prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 8-9 minutes until bottom of cookies begin to brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.