An easy, everyday recipe for Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli the whole family will enjoy.
Who wants to run out for take out on a cold winter’s night?
I sure don’t.
And with the hustle and bustle of the holiday season upon us, I like to make meals the whole family will enjoy.
Instead of ordering take out or picking it up on your way home from work, let the slow cooker do all the work for you. You can cook virtually anything in the slow cooker. One of my favorites is Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli. This is on our dinner menu a few times a month. You may even like this version more.
I am so excited to have teamed up with Life’s Organization Expert and my friend Jennifer Ford Berry to bring to you a new series, Pantry Crashers. Pantry Crashers combines pantry and kitchen organization along with simple recipes that you can make with many items that you already have in your pantry. This series will also go beyond the pantry with simple tips and ideas for every element in your kitchen from key staple items to always have on hand, keeping your refrigerator clutter free and creating simple everyday meals for busy families.
We are kicking off this series with crashing my pantry. Even though I thought my pantry was relatively organized, wait until you see what Jennifer has done to make it even more efficient. You will be able to see the before and after along with what we create with the items on hand.
Grab a cup of coffee, sit back and relax and join us as we chat about organization and cooking in Part 1 and 2 or Pantry Crashers!
PART 1 — the pantry
PART 2 — the recipe
- 1½-2 pounds sirloin steak thinly sliced on the grain
- 1 cup beef broth
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 ounce bag steamable broccoli florets, cooked per package directions
- 2 cups cooked white rice for serving
- In a small bowl whisk broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and garlic.
- Pour over beef and let marinate for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Place mixture in slow cooker and cook on low for about 4-5 hours.
- In a small bowl stir water and cornstarch until cornstarch is dissolved. Stir into slow cooker and cook for about another 30 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Before serving stir in steamed broccoli.
- Serve over rice.