All the flavors of Banana Bread tossed with rice chex cereal for a delicious sweet and crunchy snack.
Holiday DIY Gifts — Week 3
Prepare yourself to get your hands “muddy”.
If you love banana bread you will absolutely love Banana Bread Muddy Buddies. A few months ago I shared a recipe for Banana Bread Dip and Chocolate Covered Banana Bread Truffles that have been extremely popular. I couldn’t help myself, especially for the holiday season to come up with this recipe. Once you start munching on this tasty snack, you will have a hard time stopping. It is so yummy!
I love this as a gift. With the variety of pretty tins and treat boxes you can find at the craft stores, this makes a simple and lovely gift. Who wouldn’t love this tasty snack to enjoy during the holidays? If you are heading out to a holiday party, instead of bringing a tray of cookies, bring this instead for a yummy snack everyone will definitely enjoy.
I have another muddy buddy recipe coming up later this week. They are both so good and make excellent gifts or to enjoy when you are looking for a sweet and crunchy snack.
- 11 ounce bag good quality white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Banana Quick Bread mix
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 5 cups rice chex cereal
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a large bowl melt white chocolate chips and butter on 50% power in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted or in a double boiler on the stove.
- Once melted stir in vanilla extract.
- In a large resealable bag toss quick bread mix and confectioners sugar.
- Stir rice chex cereal until evenly coated with melted chocolate then place in bag. Seal bag and gently toss until completely coated.
- Store in an airtight container.