Start your morning with Banana Bread Waffles topped with warm maple syrup or a dollop of whipped cream.
Happy New Year!
It’s a new year. Time to start fresh, and wipe the slate clean. A new year gives us a chance to set goals and make changes in our life. When you set your mind to something, anything is possible.
Maybe one of your goals this year is to start your day eating breakfast. If that is the case, these Banana Bread Waffles are a tasty way to start the day. They are light, fluffy and delicious drizzled with warm maple syrup or a dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle with some chopped walnuts and it will taste like a slice of banana bread. De-lish!
I usually make one batch which makes about 5 or 6 waffles. My kids probably eat one each at the most, so I freeze the rest which makes it handy. The rest of the week, the waffles are ready to go in the freezer and I pop them in the toaster and they taste like they just came off the waffle iron.
These also make a yummy snack. Toast a wedge and top with some peanut butter and a few banana slices for a little taste of heaven in your mouth.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about ⅔ cup)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl mix milk, bananas, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until smooth and combined. Stir in nuts.
- Follow instructions of waffle maker to cook waffles.
- Top with warm maple syrup, whipped cream, banana slices, berries and nuts.