These cheesy, hash brown Company Potatoes make a quick and easy side dish, perfect for a crowd.
Behold one big bowl of cheesy, hash brown goodness. They make the ultimate comfort food side dish, or easy to make into an entire meal.
I love these Company Potatoes. My mom made them for Christmas and I couldn’t stop eating them. With all the food we had on the Christmas buffet including prime rib and ham, these potatoes were the hit of the dinner. It is a great dish to make when heading to a potluck, or serving a crowd. Everyone always seems to love these cheesy hash browns.
Super Bowl is this weekend. For me it’s all about the food, and the commercials. If you are having a Super Bowl party, or heading out and need to bring a dish, give these crowd-pleasing Company Potatoes a try. They are super easy to make. Try these with some chopped ham added in, or crumbled bacon and chives for a Loaded Company Potatoes version, yum!
I could totally enjoy these as an entire meal. This is a great comfort food. And with Spring hopefully coming sooner than later, this would be great for all your Springtime brunches including Easter and Mother’s Day.
- 30 ounce bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 ounce sour cream
- 1 can (10¾ ounce) cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup bread crumbs (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix frozen hash browns, cheese, sour cream, soup, and onions.
- Pour into a large casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake for 5-10 minutes longer.