Fluffy Cheddar Bay Egg Nests, mixed with cheddar, garlic powder and parsley and topped with an egg yolk for an easy and delicious low carb breakfast.
The first time I ever had Egg Nests or Eggs in Cloud, the whipped egg whites always reminded me of Cheddar Bay Biscuits. Silly, I know. That gave me the idea of adding in some of the ingredients like cheddar cheese and garlic powder which are often found in Cheddar Bay Biscuits into the fluffy egg whites.
Wow, is it good!
If you love eggs, looking for a yummy edition to your Easter brunch menu, or following a low carb diet like I am, you will absolutely love these! It reminds me of eggs and biscuits all in one.
Let me not forget to mention how easy they are to literally whip up too. You simply separate the eggs and whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the yummy cheddar ingredients and mound them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Pop them in the oven for a few minutes, then top with the egg yolks and bake for a few minutes longer. Easy peasy, and so good!
- 4 large eggs, separated
- ¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl. Using a whisk attachment. whip egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 3-4 minutes.
- Using a spoon, gently fold in cheddar cheese, garlic powder, parsley flakes, salt and pepper until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into 4 mounds on parchment paper. Gently make a well in the center of the mound.
- Bake in oven for about 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the oven, add in the egg yolk into each mound. Return to the oven and bake for 2-3 minutes longer until egg yolk is set.
- Serve warm.