Cheesy, creamy and easy Vidalia Onion and Bacon Cheese Dip. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or a fresh baguette!
Oh my goodness this dip!
Get in belly.
This is one of those dips that once you start eating it, you can’t stop.
Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, sliced baguette, or just with a spoon.
Every time I make this dip is seems to disappear. I scratch my head in confusion of where I put it. I think to myself did I really inhale the entire bowl of it and fall into a food coma and not remember where it went?
I eventually find it hidden in the back of the refrigerator thanks to Mr. Mother Thyme. He loves this dip so much he hides it from me. Does he really think I’ll eat it all?
He must know me too well.
Georgia grown Vidalia onions are summertime favorite. I love to use them in a variety of recipes like my Sweet Vidalia Onion Pasta Salad, perfect for all your summer picnics and this delicious dip.
A few weeks ago I had the chance to visit Vidalia, Georgia and get a first hand look at where these sweet onions are grown. If you store them right, you can enjoy fresh Vidalia onions all year long. Check out my post HERE on my favorite way to store Vidalia onions.
This dip is a combination of my Vidalia Onion Dip and Cheese Dip all blended into one tasty dip. The addition of bacon adds the final touch to this amazing dip, because bacon makes everything better, right?
I love to top it off with fresh herbs, whatever I have on hand. Chopped parsley, cilantro or even basil are a few of my favorites to use on this.
Bring this to any summer barbecue, and you’ll be the hit of the party! Just make sure you have the recipe handy, because everyone will be asking for it!
Don’t miss the GIVEAWAY for a $500.00 VISA GIFT CARD AND A VIDALIA ONION PRIZE PACK sponsored by the Vidalia Onion Committee! Giveaway ends 6/11/14. One lucky Mother Thyme reader will win!
Click HERE for more details and to enter.
- 2 cups chopped Vidalia onion (about 1 large onion)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup cooked crumbled bacon (about 6 slices)
- ⅓ cup crushed crackers
- Pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, cilantro or basil (optional)
- Tortilla chips, crackers or a sliced baguette for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix chopped onions, cream cheese, cheeses, mayonnaise and bacon.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread in a shallow baking dish (a 9-inch pie dish works great).
- Sprinkle with crackers crumbs.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with herbs and serve warm with chips, crackers or a sliced baguette.