Thick slices of toasted bread topped with creamy blueberry goat cheese, turkey and drizzled with honey or balsamic vinegar for a simple and delicious Grilled Turkey and Blueberry Goat Cheese Sandwich.
I am hooked on blueberry goat cheese.
As much as I love goat cheese, I have never tried blueberry covered goat cheese until recently.
It was love at first bite.
Since then I have had a stash of it in my refrigerator. It is creamy, sweet, delicious!
I love it simply with crackers or crumbled over a salad.
I usually get it at Trader Joe’s, however TJ’s is about thirty minutes from where I live so I don’t get there often. Thankfully I have found it at my local grocery store so I can always have some of my beloved blueberry goat cheese on hand.
Recently when I was nibbling on some of this goat cheese while making my kiddos turkey sandwiches for lunch I came up with this idea. It is so good! Thick slices of toasted bread topped with creamy blueberry goat cheese, turkey and drizzled with honey or even balsamic vinegar. It’s simple and perfect for a tasty summer lunch!
- 8 slices Texas Toast or French Bread cut ½ inch thick
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ pound good quality deli sliced turkey breast
- 4 ounces blueberry goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons Honey or balsamic vinegar
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Top the opposite side of bread with a few slices of turkey. Top turkey with goat cheese and drizzle with honey or balsamic vinegar. Top with remaining slice of bread to make a sandwich.
- Place in frying pan and cook for about 4 minutes per side until golden brown.