An easy recipe for Maple Mustard Chicken. Whether you roast it or grill it, you will enjoy this delicious recipe year round!
If you have never had Maple Mustard Chicken before you need to add this to your dinner menu soon!
Mr. Mother Thyme and I have been making this for years. We absolutely love it.
This recipe is really about the marinade. Once you make it, you will want to use it on all types of meats. Even though this recipe calls for chicken thighs, I have used this same marinade for chicken breasts on the grill, a whole chicken roast and even pork chops, pork tenderloin and salmon too.
It is so good!
The marinade comes together with a few simple ingredients. Pure maple syrup, dijon mustard, yellow mustard, olive oil and fresh rosemary. That’s it. They blend together in perfect harmony.
On busy nights, I’ll whip this marinade together, toss with the chicken and roast in the oven. When I grill it, I like to use it more as a glaze. If you want to try this on the grill, season chicken with salt and pepper and place the chicken in a resealable bag. Pour half the marinade in the bag, seal and toss the chicken. I like to let it marinate for at least 30 minutes, or even a few hours.
Once you are ready to grill, place the chicken on a preheated grill, discarding the bag. As the chicken cooks on the grill, use a brush to glaze the reserved marinade on the chicken. Once it’s done, arrange on a plate, garnish with a little more fresh rosemary and serve. It’s so yummy!
Whether you roast this in the oven, or toss it on the grill you will enjoy this delicious recipe all year round!
- Roasted Potatoes
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs*
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss together potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika. Place in the bottom of a baking dish or cast iron pan.
- In a small bowl mix maple syrup with mustards until blended.
- While stirring, whisk in olive oil.
- Stir in rosemary.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in with potatoes.
- Pour marinade over chicken and turn to coat.
- Roast for about 30-40 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil. Let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with additional rosemary if desired and serve.