If you never had Meatball Sub Casserole before you definitely want to add this to your dinner menu soon. It’s delicious!
Meatball Sub Casserole is probably one of Mr. Mother Thyme favorite casseroles I make.
I originally found the recipe on Pinterest a few years ago. The first time I made it I was like WOW! It was love at first bite. It seriously taste just like a meatball sub, maybe even better.
I haven’t made it in awhile and recently I had all the ingredients on hand so I whipped it up for dinner, so good! Mr. Mother Thyme asked me if this recipe was on MT. I never planned on posting it, but it is too good not to share. Of course I had to put my spin on this already tasty recipe.
I have been so busy lately that I haven’t had much time in the kitchen to develop new recipes. I have enjoyed digging through some of my oldie but goodie recipes to create simple and delicious dinners. This is definitely one of them. Serve with a nice tossed salad, and dinner is served! This makes a 9×13 casserole, so it is great to take to potlucks or to have leftovers for the next day!
If you never had Meatball Sub Casserole before I definitely suggest you add this to your dinner menu for a delicious dinner your entire family will love!
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into large bite size cubes (about 1 inch each)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound frozen meatballs or turkey meatballs, thawed
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix mayonnaise, cream cheese, ½ cup mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning until blended.
- Add in Italian bread cubes and gently toss until to coat.
- Pour bread cubes evenly in the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Add meatballs then top with sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cook for about 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.