An easy Asian Sesame Chopped Chicken Salad with chunks of chicken marinated in a tasty Asian sesame dressing, sweet mandarin oranges, slivered almonds, green onions, cilantro, crunchy wontons and tossed with Dole Asian Salad Blends. This is one salad you will want to make again and again!
It’s back-to-school time!
Here in New York the kids return to school after Labor Day. My kiddos are starting pre-k (insert sad face.) Their classes are only half days, but when they get home from school I want them to enjoy a delicious and healthy lunch.
Whether you have picky eaters like me or not, I love creating fun lunches for the kids. Bento lunches are always popular including a variety of wraps, sandwich rolls and even salads. I have to admit I’m a little obsessed with these boxes. They are a convenient way for kids and even adults to carry their lunch to school or work with separate compartments for a sandwich or salad, fruits and veggies.
I have learned especially with my kids that I need to make food appealing for them to even be interested. Fun shapes, colors and variety is a great way to get even the pickiest eaters interested in enjoying a healthy lunch.
What kid wouldn’t love this Lunch-Box “Sushi” or Swimmin’ with the Tuna Fishes? Not only are they cute but they are healthy too. These are just a few fun and easy back-to-school ideas thanks to Dole Salads.
Dole Salads makes it convenient and healthy with their variety of Dole Salad Kits and Blends. I am totally in love with their Chopped Sunflower Crunch Salad. I eat it for lunch all the time. All the ingredients including the dressing comes in a convenient kit that only takes a few minutes to mix together. You can even customize it to create a variety of meals or snacks.
This Asian Sesame Chopped Chicken Salad has been a huge hit with my family including my 4 year old twins. It is easy to toss together with Dole Asian Salad Blends that includes crisp snap peas and even kale, perfect for lunchtime or anytime! You just need to whip up this tasty Asian Sesame Dressing, add in some cooked chicken, juicy mandarin oranges, slivered almonds and crunchy wontons and lunch is served. You can easily transport this salad to school or work, or even make cute salads in a jar!
Dole Salad Kits and Blends makes it easy and convenient to provide healthy and delicious meal options for my entire family. Visit dolesalads.com for more delicious recipes!
Dole Salads is giving away a DOLE BACK-TO-SCHOOL Prize Package to one lucky MT reader! The prize package includes a Dole tote bag, Dole headphones, Dole tumbler, Dole portable bento lunch box, The ARt of Eating Well cookbook and Eating Well’s Flavorful Meatless Meals cookbook!
To enter for your chance to win click on the entry form below!
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeeze orange juice
- 1 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced ginger
- 12 ounce bag Dole Chopped Asian Salad Blend
- 11 ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 cup wonton strips
- In a small bowl stir soy sauce, orange juice, brown sugar, garlic powder, sesame oil and ginger.
- Place chicken in a large resealable bag. Pour in marinade, seal and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken,discarding marinade. Cook chicken, stirring frequently browning all sides until chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, brown sugar, sesame oil and ginger. While stirring, stream in vegetable oil. Set dressing aside.
- Add cooked chicken, salad mix, mandarin oranges, almonds, green onions and cilantro in a large salad bowl. Before serving toss with dressing and wontons.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. Compensation was provided by Dole Salads. All ideas and opinions are my own.