Syllabub, Blackberry and Apple Crumble, Banoffee Pie or one of my favorites, Sticky Toffee Pudding are just some of the delicious British desserts that have been around for generations. I love British culture. From the style, the traditions and of course the food, I love all things British.
Years ago I traveled to London. I fell in love with the city and the culture. I traveled there from Paris on the Chunnel. I wandered the city, past Big Ben and Hyde Park. Of course a trip to London wouldn’t be complete without a stop at Buckingham Palace. I loved dining at little restaurants around town. It’s a beautiful city that I hope travel to again someday.
Bring a taste of England right to your own kitchen with Tate+Lyle® Sugars. Whether you are hosting a dinner party with friends, or a small luncheon and afternoon tea with the girls, good food is always the center of it all. Serve a bowl of seasonal fruit like apples, pears, peaches or berries sprinkled with Tate+Lyle® Sugars for a simple dessert, or use in any of your favorite dessert recipes like this to die for Bread Pudding topped with a Vanilla Bean Sauce. You have never had Bread Pudding like this! It is the perfect ending to any gathering. It is so easy and everyone will be asking for more. Made with simply french bread, milk, cream, eggs, vanilla, dried fruit, pecans, and Tate+Lyle® Organic Pure Cane Sugar with a hint of molasses. A dessert fit for royalty year round.
A trusted British brand, Tate+Lyle® Fair Trade Certified Sugars is now available in the U.S. with Organic Pure Cane Sugar, Organic Turbinado Raw Cane Sugar and Natural Pure Cane Sugar. Whether your taste buds want to explore the lively sweetening of a tasty cookie or if you’d like to turn market fresh fruit into the next hit dessert, the perfect recipe is waiting. And, with their Fair Trade promise, you can enjoy a sugar that is not only makes a difference in your kitchen, but beyond. These delightful British sugars are available at Walmart. Watch for their new Tate+Lyle® Gourmet Flavored Beverage Syrups that are coming in Fall 2014 for brightening up coffee of tea time!
- 1 loaf of day old French bread cut into large bite size cubes (about 8 cups)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup Tate+Lyle® Organic Pure Cane Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Tate+Lyle® Organic Pure Cane Sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean split lengthwise and beans removed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter or spray with cooking spray a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss cubed bread, cranberries and nuts.
- In another large bowl mix milk, cream, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl whisk eggs with sugar and vanilla until blended then stir into milk mixture.
- Add bread, cranberries and pecans and gently stir until it has almost absorbed all of the milk mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes until top is golden brown and center of pudding comes out clean with a tester.
- Place pan on a cooling rack and allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- While pudding is cooling, add sugar, butter, cream, vanilla beans and pod to a small saucepan and bring to a low boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to a simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, discard vanilla bean pod and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour over bread pudding or serve on the side.