An easy recipe for soft and chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies made with pumpkin spice pudding mix will become a fall favorite!
All things pumpkin and chocolate chip treats are my two favorite. Blending these two yummy flavors into one delicious cookie is a match made in heaven.
What makes these cookies so soft and delicious? It’s my secret ingredient, pudding mix. Ok, it’s not that secret, but I like to tell people it is. #joking
Pudding mix is one of my favorite ingredients to use in a variety of cookies. If you have never tried my Pistachio Wedding Cookies or Lemon Wedding Cookies before, you have to add those to you baking list soon. They are the best cookies ever! Soft, buttery and made with pudding mix.
I was so excited when I finally stumbled upon a box of pumpkin spice pudding mix at the grocery store. Since then, I have found it elsewhere so I have been stocking up. I love to use it in a variety of fall treats, including substituting the pudding mix in my Pistachio Wedding Cookies for yummy Pumpkin Spice Wedding Cookies. In those, I do add a little extra pumpkin pie spice because I really like to kick up the pumpkin flavor. Eventually I might post the recipe for those, because they are so good!
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are dangerous! I have to restrain myself from eating too many. The blend of the the pumpkin spices such as cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg combined with the sweet chocolate chips is so good. If you love a soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie, you are going to love these!
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box pumpkin spice pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, pudding mix, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, salt and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer cream butter and sugars.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Gradually add in flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll 1 tablespoon size ball of dough and place on prepared baking sheet, spacing 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.