An easy recipe for Maple-Rosemary Roast Chicken with a blend of herbs and spices. Add your favorite veggies for a complete meal everyone will love.
There are some meals I make on a weekly basis. A whole roasted chicken is one of them.
Roast chicken makes a perfect Sunday dinner toasted with veggies like potatoes, carrots and onions. It’s one of those meals that you can easily prep and let the oven do the rest of the work, plus it’s budget friendly. #mykindofdinner
I have a variety of roast chicken recipes up my sleeve including a lemon pepper recipe that I rotate with this Maple-Rosemary Roast Chicken that is a family favorite. The blend of ingredients such as rosemary and dijon compliment each other well in this yummy roast.
My secret to the maple in this roast is not using pure maple syrup as you would assume. After several attempts creating this recipe I found the best way to incorporate the maple flavor was using Smokehouse Maple seasoning which I found made by McCormick. I have kind of fallen in love with this seasoning blend that I have found myself using it on a lot lately. If you have tried it before, you know how tasty it is.
Once this roast gets cooking, I like to baste it every 20 minute so. The more you baste, the better in my book. And what do I do with the veggies around the roast? Sure I could easily just toss them with some salt and pepper, but I actually duplicate the blend of spices I use for the chicken and toss the veggies with it as well. Plus you can’t beat the aroma of this roasting in the oven!
- 5 pound whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Smokehouse Maple Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pin wings back and place chicken in a large backing dish.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl mix butter, seasoning, dijon mustard and rosemary.
- Brush butter mixture over chicken.
- Place a few sprigs of rosemary in chicken cavity. Tie legs of chicken with twine.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 90 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees, basting every 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cover with foil and let chicken rest for 15-20 minutes before carving.
Mix ¼ cup softened butter, 1 teaspoon McCormick Smokehouse Maple seasoning, 1 teaspoon dijon, 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary in a large bowl.
Add potatoes and carrots and toss to coat.
Add potatoes and carrots to baking dish and roast with chicken.