A simple recipe for Sugar Cookie Apple Cobbler that you can whip up in minutes. Serve warm for an irresistible dessert!
Grab a fork or a spoon and get ready to dive into this amazing Sugar Cookie Apple Cobbler made with fresh RubyFrost Apples and a crumbly sugar cookie topping.
This is an effortless dessert you are going to love. With a pouch of store bought sugar cookie mix, sliced RubyFrost Apples, a little cinnamon, sugar, lemon zest and butter you can whip up this delicious cobbler in no time.
Sweet and tart RubyFrost apples are the perfect addition in this cobbler. If you never had a RubyFrost apple before, you are in for a real treat. You can find them at major retailers in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. They are ideal for baking and for snacking. My kids love them too. I can hardly keep them on hand, we go through them so much.
I am proud to say these crisp, wintertime apples are grown in my state of New York. Bursting with flavor, these refreshing apples are great in a variety of recipes including my Tossed Broccoli and Apple Salad and Apple Puff Pastry Tart.
This cobbler is perfect for any occasion. Whether you are serving it to a crowd or just looking for an easy dessert, you can’t go wrong with this. Of course what would cobbler be without a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream? By all means add a scoop (or two), but this is great on it’s own thanks to the sweet glaze topping.
Once you try this cobbler it will be love at first bite. Trust me, if you love sugar cookies and apples, you will love how easy and delicious this cobbler is!
There is still a few days left to enter the GIVEAWAY for a $100 Visa Gift Card plus goodies from RubyFrost including a basket of apples. Click HERE for your chance to win!
- 2 pounds RubyFrost apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (17.5 ounce) pouch sugar cookie mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray a 7x11 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl toss apples with brown sugar, lemon zest and cinnamon.
- Spread apples evenly in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle sugar cookie mix evenly on top of apples.
- Top with butter arranging it evenly over the entire baking dish.
- Bake on the center rack for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool baking dish on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl whisk confectioners sugar with milk 1 tablespoon at a time until creamy. Drizzle on top of cobbler.
This post is sponsored by New York Apple Growers. Original recipe created by Mother Thyme.