This post is sponsored by Bloom Fresh
Come August I’m already looking ahead to fall. It’s my favorite time of year. Don’t get me wrong, I love summer filled with warm weather, longer days and farmer’s markets bursting with fresh produce but there is something about fall that I look forward to every year. It’s one of the reasons I didn’t last more than two years living in Florida. I missed the change of seasons.
This past winter was one of the worst I have ever experienced and really had me question about living where we are but at the end of the day I am blessed to live in an area that has gorgeous summers, picturesque falls and picture perfect winters. Come spring, Mother Nature sprinkles her dust and everything comes back to life and we repeat the seasons all over again.
What I also love about thinking of the months ahead is fall cooking. I love pomegranates, especially in my fall and winter cooking but I’ll admit I’m not a fan of getting the seeds out of pomegranates. Sure I have done it many times before but having Bloom Fresh pomegranate arils already packaged for me makes my life a whole lot easier. No fuss, no mess and conveniently packaged to use in so many recipes. They are also perfect to toss in salads or in my favorite Oatmeal Pomegranate Muffins and the best part is you just take out what you need. If you are like me and love pomegranates but hate the hassle and process of seeding a pomegranate, Bloom Fresh will be your new best friend in the kitchen year round with fresh, premium hand picked pomegranate arils.
Not only are pomegranates delicious they are packed full of health benefits, antioxidants, Vitamin C and K! You can find Bloom Fresh at many retailers including Whole Food and A&P’s. Click HERE to find a store near you.
To kick off our series of Bloom Fresh recipes this fall Skinny Chef, Healthy Delicious and I are hosting a giveaway from our friends at Bloom Fresh! The prize pack includes –
- Bloom Fresh Pomegranate Seeds
- A Portable Tumbler
- On The Go Salad Container
- A Portable Phone Charger
- $100 American Express Gift Card!
Giveaway is open to U.S. residents 18+ only and ends August 20, 2015. Fill out the entry form below for your chance to WIN!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Bloom Fresh pomegranate arils, patted dry
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- )Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray then line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in egg and vanilla until blended.
- Gradually stir in flour and salt until combined.
- Fold in pomegranate arils and white chocolate chips
- Spread batter evenly in prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in baking dish.
- Carefully remove from parchment paper and cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.