Soft and chewy oatmeal cookies loaded with fresh pomegranate arils, chopped pistachios and dipped in a sweet glaze.
This post is sponsored by Bloom Fresh
Oatmeal cookies are the best and they are also a Mother Thyme favorite! One of my most popular recipes is my classic old-fashioned iced oatmeal cookies. If you are a fan of oatmeal cookies you need to try those as well as these yummy Pomegranate and Pistachio Oatmeal Cookies loaded with Bloom Fresh pomegranate arils and chopped pistachios. They are so good!
These cookies are perfect for all of your fall and holiday baking. Yes my friends it’s time to start thinking about the holidays. Before you know it the Christmas carols will be playing and the stores will be filled with holiday shoppers. One thing to check off your list is menu planning for holiday gatherings. I’m one of those crazy people that loves to menu plan for the holidays way ahead of time. I also like to plan what cookies I am going to bake ahead of time as well. I always have a few favorites that I like to make every year like my Snowball Cookies and Pistachio Wedding Cookies but then I add a few new varieties thanks to Pinterest that I like to add to my holiday baking menu as well.
Instead of going crazy baking cookies I’ll start baking a batch in November and freezing them. Before I know it I have a nice stash of cookies in my freezer that I can have on hand throughout the holiday season. Cookies usually thaw quickly at room temperature so I can simply place whatever I need out on the counter and before I know it I have a tray full of cookies ready to pass out. To freeze my cookies I wrap usually about 6 cookies depending on the size in plastic wrap then I’ll place them in a freezer bag. I usually put the freezer bags in a large sealed container and label it so I know what’s in each bin. By the time December rolls around my freezer is full of cookies!
These Pomegranate and Pistachio Oatmeal Cookies freeze well so go ahead and make a batch now. If you can resist not eating them which I know is hard to do, then freeze them and you can enjoy them whenever you want throughout the holidays. They are super simple to make thanks to using Bloom Fresh pomegranate arils. Pomegranates arils are bursting with flavor and loaded with health benefits, antioxidants, Vitamin C and K. I love to have these on hand to toss in salads, oatmeal, you name it. Bloom Fresh pomegranate arils are conveniently packaged so you can quickly grab how much you need without the fuss and the mess of removing pomegranate arils. If you love to use pomegranates in your holiday cooking (try it in stuffing!) then Bloom Fresh will be your best friend in the kitchen with their fresh, premium hand picked pomegranate arils. Plus they are available year round!
You can find Bloom Fresh at many retailers including Whole Foods and A&P. Click HERE to find a store near you so you can enjoy these delicious pomegranates in all your holiday cooking!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (4.4 ounce) Bloom Fresh pomegranate arils, patted dry
- ¾ cups chopped pistachios
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Pomegranate arils for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, salt and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer cream butter and sugars.
- Add in eggs one at a time then vanilla extract.
- Gradually add in flour mixture until combined.
- Gently fold in pomegranate arils and pistachios.
- Roll dough into 1 heaping tablespoon size balls and place on prepared baking sheet spacing 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until bottoms begin to brown. Allow to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes then transfer cookies with a spatula to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl mix confectioners sugar and milk until blended and creamy.
- Dip tops of cookies in glaze allowing excess to drip off.
- Place cookies on a wire rack, garnish with pomegranates if desired. Let glaze harden before storing.
- Store in an airtight container.
Disclosure: I received compensation from Bloom Fresh for recipe development and post. All opinions are my own.