These yummy Flourless Banana Oat Blender Muffins have been my go-to breakfast for my kiddos lately along with some yogurt with fresh fruit. My daughter is in love with these. I have to hide them or else she’ll eat them all. And I don’t blame her, they are so good!
What I love about these muffins is you simply toss everything in the blender and literally blend it up. Within seconds you have a delicious flourless batter that you easily pour in muffin cups. Not only are these muffins flourless but they have no oil or butter in them too but you can’t even tell.
These little bites of yumminess are delicious on their own but the fun part is adding in some good stuff like mini chocolate chips, pecans, walnuts, pepita, granola, trail mix, coconut flakes, you name it. Instead of mixing in the extras I prefer to sprinkle them on top of the muffins plus it gives you a nice little variety doing it that way too. It’s also fun for the kids to help out and sprinkle their toppings on as well.
While most blenders these days will work for these I definitely suggest a good blender. I own a Vitamix which I purchased when my kids were babies and I was making their baby food. It was the best investment ever. To this day I use it daily and it really makes a difference. Don’t worry if you don’t have a Vitamix or a blender like that you can still make these but a good blender even like a Blendtec or Ninja will help break up the oats to make this batter nice and smooth.
I usually use whole milk vanilla yogurt like Stonyfield or Simply Nature from Aldi for these muffins since I always have it on hand for my kids that I use to make their morning yogurt parfaits with however you can use vanilla Greek yogurt instead. Plain yogurt works well too but I like the little extra flavor you get from using vanilla yogurt.
If you have some bananas sitting on the counter that are looking a little rough instead of letting them go to waste toss them in the blender and whip up these tasty muffins. You’ll be glad you did!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag #motherthyme with the Mother Thyme recipes you make. I love to see what everyone is cooking!
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk vanilla yogurt or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼-1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place oats, bananas, yogurt, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in the blender and blend on high stopping to stir if needed until batter is smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter evenly in prepared muffin pan and sprinkle mini chocolate chips or chopped walnuts on top if desired.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.