A few years ago I shared my recipe for Low Carb Lemon Cheesecake. It’s divine! Even if you’re not watching your carbs it’s a cheesecake you must try. Whenever I make it I always get rave reviews and no one can believe it’s low carb. Mr. Mother Thyme and my son love it too. If there are leftovers of this cheesecake in the refrigerator it never lasts very long. I’ll sometimes hide a piece for myself in the back of the refrigerator so I can savor a slice of this irresistible cheesecake!
So many of you have emailed and commented how much you loved the Low Carb Lemon Cheesecake that I couldn’t resist creating another version of this popular recipe. This rich and creamy Low Carb Key Lime Cheesecake is a low carb lovers dream! If you love key lime pie, no matter if you are watching your carbs or not you’ll love this cheesecake. And who doesn’t love key lime? It’s one of my favorite summertime desserts. Top this yummy cheesecake with a dollop of whipped cream and dig in!
Not only is this dessert low carb but it’s simple to make! Can this cheesecake get any better? No crazy amount of ingredients or taking forever to make. Just a handful ingredients is all you need to make this tasty treat. Once you bake a quick and easy low carb crust the cheesecake itself is no bake and literally takes minutes to whip up. The longest part is letting it chill in the refrigerator. Before serving add some whipped cream to the top of the cheesecake and a few slices of lime and it’s ready to go. The fun part is if you’re making this for a party don’t tell anyone it’s low carb and see if anyone can guess that it is. Trust me, no one will ever know!
- 1¼ cup almond flour/meal
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1½ teaspoons Splenda or preferred sugar substitute
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- .3 ounce packet sugar-free lime jello
- 1 teaspoon key lime or lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray an 8-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Mix almond flour, butter and sugar until mixture is crumbly.
- Press into the bottom of pan and bake for about 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer with the whisk attachment mix cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add heavy cream and whisk on high until mixture thickens and soft peaks forms.
- Reduce speed to low and mix in jello packet and zest and mix until blended.
- Spread mixture evenly with a spatula over cooled crust.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until set, about 2-3 hours or overnight.