Whether you have extra M&M’s on hand or just looking for an easy treat to make, these soft and chewy M&M Sugar Cookie Bars are always a hit!
Happy 4th of July!!!
I hope you have a great day planned with good food, good friends and of course fireworks! We are heading to our friends for a cookout. This is the first year in a long time that we didn’t host a 4th of July party. My kiddos are really looking forward to it. They can’t wait to see fireworks and hang out with their friends.
If you’re still looking for a last minute treat to whip up this 4th then you have to try these yummy M&M Sugar Cookie Bars. They take only minutes to make, about 25 minutes to bake and will be gone in seconds, trust me! It’s one of my favorite treats to make especially for a cookout. You get can easily get 20-24 bars perfect for a bunch of people.
These soft and chewy sugar cookie bars are filled with festive red, white and blue M&M’s but of course any variety of colors will work. I’m loving the red,white and blue M&M’s not just for the 4th but all summer long!
What I love about these bars are not only are they easy to make but most of the ingredients you probably have already on hand. Just grab a bag of M&M’s and you can whip up these tasty bars in minutes!
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using an electric mixer beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in flour mixture until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of M&M's with a spatula.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared baking dish. Use a piece of parchment paper if needed to press mixture into baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining M&M's on top.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until edges become golden brown.
- Cool baking dish on a wire rack.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.