Craving pizza or spaghetti? Then try this easy recipe for Pizza Spaghetti Squash Boats! It’s like pizza spaghetti without the guilt!
If you’re craving pizza and/or spaghetti then you have to try these delicious Pizza Spaghetti Squash Boats! It’s tastes a little like pizza from the sauce, the gooey melted cheese and of course the pepperoni and it tastes a little like spaghetti from the soft and tender squash. It’s like pizza spaghetti without the guilt!
Mr. Mother Thyme and I love spaghetti squash. Yes, he loves it too which is a win for me because I make it all the time, especially when I’m watching my carbs. Spaghetti squash is really filling and we’ll often make it a complete meal along with a salad. Easy, healthy and delicious!
If you’ve tried spaghetti squash before you know how good it is and if you haven’t I encourage you to try it! There are so many tasty variations that can satisfy any craving or just keep it simple and toss it with some cheese and herbs. No matter how you try it I’m sure it’s going to be good!
These Pizza Spaghetti Squash Boats are a particular favorite because I’m such a fan of both pizza and spaghetti. They are super simple to make with just a handful of ingredients including your favorite pizza sauce or try my easy recipe for Homemade Pizza Sauce, shredded cheese, pepperoni which you could use turkey pepperoni or regular and of course a couple of spaghetti squash. The most time is spent roasting the squash in the oven for about 45 minutes to get them nice and tender. Aside from that there is very little prep time to make these yummy spaghetti squash boats.
Once you try these yummy Pizza Spaghetti Squash Boats be prepared to want to make them again and again! They are so good and Mr. Mother Thyme approved!
Want to see how easy these Pizza Spaghetti Squash Boats are to make? Check out my video below!
- 2 spaghetti squash, about 2½ pounds each
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Garlic powder
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 24 slices of pepperoni
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Spray squash with cooking spray and season flesh with a little salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place seasoned squash flesh side down on a large parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until tender.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Once cool to touch scrape the inside of the squash with a fork to loosen and fluff the strands.
- Pour ⅓-1/2 cup of sauce over each squash and then mix the sauce with the strands.
- Top each squash with ⅓-1/2 cup shredded cheese and 6 pepperoni.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.