This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Breyers. All opinions are 100% mine.
Enjoy fresh summer peaches with this simple and delicoius recipe for Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream.
Nothing tastes like summer more than fresh peaches. I can’t get enough of them. Sweet, juicy and perfect in salads, salsa, cobblers, crisps or simply topped with a creamy scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Roasted peaches are especially good. When roasted the sweetness intensifies and is bursting with flavor bite after bite.
White peaches are slightly different than yellow peaches you often find. They are slightly sweeter that makes them perfect for roasting. White peaches are not uncommon and you typically find them next to the other peaches at the grocery store. Since it’s hard to tell them apart until you bite or cut one open you’ll just need to look at the signs or even the stickers on the peaches to tell which one is which. To me a peach is a peach and it doesn’t matter if it’s white or yellow I love them all.
What goes best with warm roasted white peaches? A nice big scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream! Breyers® Natural Vanilla ice cream is made with fresh cream, milk and sugar. The flavor is creamy and delicious. It’s a family favorite! Breyers® is committed to high quality ingredients – a promise that has been on Breyers® packages for more than 100 years. All Breyers® vanilla is real and from sustainably farmed, Rainforest Alliance Certified™ vanilla beans. Breyers® only sources milk and cream from cows not treated with artificial growth hormones.*
Happy Birthday Breyers!
Breyers® is celebrating its 150th birthday and has partnered with celebrity chef Curtis Stone and his wife, actress Lindsay Price Stone, to create 12 recipes featuring Breyers® Natural Vanilla, inspired by every month of the year, to give families a way to celebrate birthdays and special occasions with Breyers® all year long.
One of the recipes they created is this delicious Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream. It’s simple, delicious and the perfect dessert to enjoy fresh summer peaches and creamy Breyers® Natural Vanilla ice cream on a hot summer day. I love the sweetness of the roasted peaches combined with the creamy ice cream and the crunchy honeycomb that is actually like a honey peanut brittle. It’s so good! Whether you are entertaining a crowd or looking for a simple dessert to enjoy with the family after dinner this makes the perfect summer treat!
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 lemon, zested
- 4 ripe but firm white peaches, halved, pitted
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 4 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk 3 tbs. sugar and lemon zest for about 1 minute, or until sugar is fragrant and moist. Arrange peaches, cut side up, in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Pour ⅔ cup water into dish. Sprinkle lemon sugar mixture over peaches and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until peaches are slightly softened and have released their juices.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a small baking sheet with nonstick spray. In a medium heavy saucepan over high heat, bring remaining sugar, honey, and 2 tbs. water to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until a candy thermometer reaches 305°F. Remove from heat and whisk in baking soda just until blended and mixture begins to bubble. Gently pour hot mixture onto prepared baking sheet and cool. Break honeycomb into small pieces and reserve in an airtight container.
- Spoon ½ cup Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into each of 8 bowls. Top with warm roasted peaches and warm juices. Sprinkle with honeycomb pieces and serve immediately.
*Suppliers of other ingredients such as cookies, candies & sauces may not be able to make this pledge. The FDA states that no significant difference has been shown between dairy derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST treated cows.