If you love Buffalo Chicken you don’t want to miss these delicious Creamy Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas. This is one super easy meal everyone will love!
Ok Buffalo chicken lovers do I have a recipe for you! I feel like I’ve said this before and I’ll probably say this a gazillion times more but I L-O-V-E Buffalo chicken. Yes, I’m from Buffalo so I feel a connection to anything Buffalo chicken but even if it was called something else I’d still love it. I don’t think I’ve met anyone that doesn’t love Buffalo chicken. Even my kids especially my son love Buffalo chicken. He is a wing boy and at the mere age of 6 he can polish off a good amount of wings. It even impresses me.
Buffalo chicken goes beyond the famous wing. It’s all about the delicious flavor that people can’t get enough of. And if you are ever so lucky to find yourself in the Buffalo area you must go to the Anchor Bar which made these wings famous.
My first Buffalo chicken experience aside from wings was Buffalo chicken dip. It was love at first dip. The funny thing was I was pregnant with my twins at the time I first tried it and I had a huge aversion to chicken. Anyways my friend made Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip and once I got beyond the thought of chicken I tried it I couldn’t get enough of it. It was the only thing chicken I could eat or look at and I’ve been hooked ever since.
I love incorporating Buffalo flavors into a variety of my recipes many of which you can find here on Mother Thyme like my Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup and Buffalo Chicken Ranch Pizza, two of my faves! I couldn’t resist putting a Buffalo spin on enchiladas with these yummy Creamy Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas. These are seriously good guys! If you don’t have plans for dinner tonight make these. And even if you already have dinner planned for tonight I encourage you to switch it to make these.
These Creamy Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas are super easy to make! With a few cups of shredded chicken, shredded cheese and a handful of other ingredients you probably already have on hand you can whip these tasty enchiladas up in no time. I promise you once you try these you’ll be hooked too!
More Buffalo chicken favorites!
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup hot pepper sauce (like Frank's Red Hots®)
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- ¼ cup chopped green onion, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl toss together shredded chicken and 1 cup cheese.
- Divide mixture evenly between flour tortillas.
- Roll chicken mixture up in tortillas and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and whisk until smooth.
- Gradually add in chicken broth, about ¼ cup at a time stirring constantly until sauce is smooth and has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Stir hot pepper sauce and ranch dressing into sauce.
- Cook for a few minutes longer until sauce is heated through.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Pour sauce on top of enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake on center rack of oven for about 30 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with blue cheese and green onion .