Get ready to dig into a delicious bowl of Roasted Garlic Spaghetti loaded with roasted garlic, Parmesan cheese, fresh herbs tossed in a buttery sauce.
If you love garlic then prepare yourself to fall in love with this amazing Roasted Garlic Spaghetti that is loaded with flavor. This is one of those meals that you want to savor every bite!
I fell in love with garlic spaghetti many, many years ago back when I was a teenager. I remember going to my girlfriends house after school or on the weekends and her mom would make me her garlic spaghetti. It’s such a simple dish but I couldn’t get enough of it. All these years later I still remember that delicious garlic spaghetti that I loved and even my girlfriend and her mom remind me of how much I loved it too! It’s one of those memorable dishes that I’ll never forget.
That’s what I love so much about food. Good food creates memories that you’ll never forget. And it’s food that I’ve have experienced in my travels and throughout my life that gives me the passion for food that I have today.
If you love garlic spaghetti then just wait until you try this Roasted Garlic Spaghetti. You might be thinking what’s the difference and let me tell you there is. Roasted garlic is soft and buttery and is much milder in flavor. Incorporating roasted garlic opposed to minced or chopped garlic into this recipe makes the garlic flavor more mellow without being overpowering that sometimes can happen when you use minced garlic.
I seriously can’t get enough of roasted garlic. Call me crazy but I could eat it with a spoon. And that’s what is so great about roasted garlic. While most people wouldn’t just bite into a garlic clove, once it’s roasted it’s soft and mild and perfect to eat alone if you choose to, spread on toast topped with mashed avocado and a over easy egg – which is one of my fave’s or to use in this delicious Roasted Garlic Spaghetti recipe that is a must try!
- 2 whole garlic heads
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound spaghetti
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley, basil or combination of both
- ½ teaspoon salt plus additional to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper plus additional to taste
- 1 tablepoon shaved Parmesan flakes for garnish, optional
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the top of garlic, exposing cloves, Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Wrap garlic in foil and place on a small baking sheet or place each garlic head in a muffin tin.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes until soft and tender. Allow to cool to touch.
- Once cool squeeze garlic out of cloves and mash with a fork.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add spaghetti and cook per package directions. Drain water reserving ½ cup of pasta water and set aside.
- Melt butter is the same pot or in a large deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add in roasted garlic then cooked spaghetti and reserved pasta water and stir until all the pasta is coated and heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese and herbs and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Serve with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan before serving.