This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Boar’s Head. All opinions are 100% mine.
This tender and juicy baked ham made with Boar’s Head Sweet Slice® Boneless Smoked Ham is super easy to make and is perfect for any occasion! It’s topped with Boar’s Head Brown Sugar and Spice Ham Glaze and served with an easy and delicious warm pineapple compote.
I’m such a ham! No, seriously I am. My maiden is Hamm. So it would only be fitting that I love ham too, right?
My family loves ham! Not just for holidays but all throughout the year. And nothing beats a good ham. My absolute favorite is Boar’s Head. It’s so tender, juicy and flavorful! The Boar’s Head Sweet Slice® Boneless Smoked Ham is really delicious! You can get it sliced in the deli which is great for sandwiches topped with Boar’s Head Gold Label Imported Switzerland Swiss® Cheese and Boar’s Head Delicatessen Style Mustard. My absolute favorite is a Monte Cristo also known as Croque Monsieur, a French-inspired fried ham and cheese sandwich dusted with powdered sugar. I love to dip the sandwich in a current jelly. It’s heavenly and in my opinion one of the best sandwiches you’ll ever sink your teeth into.
Boar’s Head is a quality brand you can trust, and their Sweet Slice® Boneless Smoked Ham is perfect for any special occasion this spring such as Easter, baby or wedding showers. The best part is the ham is already cooked so you just need to bake it in the oven for about 15 minutes per pound. It’s so easy! You really don’t even need to wait for a special occasion to make a delicious ham dinner. It’s easy to make any night of the week and any leftovers are great for lunch, eggs, omelettes, ham salad, chicken cordon bleu, scalloped potato and ham, you name it! Plus Boar’s Head Sweet Slice® Ham is gluten and milk free and has exceptional flavor of a traditional bone-in ham without the bone so it makes it super easy to slice and serve!
For holidays and special occasions my family always loves baked ham. We’re literally a ham family. When I host a family dinner I love to create dishes that are effortless. Boar’s Head Sweet Slice® Boneless Smoked Ham makes it easy without sacrificing taste or quality – which I love. I simply place the ham in a roasting pan, brush on Boar’s Head Brown Sugar and Spice Glaze, cover it with foil and bake it until it’s heated through. So simple and delicious! The glaze is so good I could eat it with a spoon! I complete my menu with my family favorite Company Potatoes which I can make ahead, roasted carrots and a sweet and simple Warm Pineapple Compote (recipe below) which is a great compliment with the ham. I also include some fresh bakery rolls, Boar’s Head Gold Label Imported Switzerland Swiss® Cheese and Boar’s Head Delicatessen Style Mustard for anyone that would like to make a sandwich.
Nothing beats walking into the kitchen and the aroma of a ham baking in the oven. Am I right? And with Boar’s Head Sweet Slice® Smoked Ham you get the irresistible smell that we all love with amazing quality and flavor and super easy prep that only takes a matter of minutes. The end result is a super tender and juicy boneless ham thanks to Boar’s Head that will become a family favorite for any day or occasion!
For further inspiration be sure to visit the Boar’s Head website!
- 1 Boar's Head Sweet Slice® Boneless Smoked Ham
- 1 jar Boar's Head Brown Sugar and Spice Ham Glaze
- ½ cup water
- Warm Pineapple Compote
- 1 pineapple, peeled, core removed and chopped
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove ham from packaging and light score top ham in a diamond pattern with a sharp knife.
- Place ham in a roasting pan and brush a thin layer of glaze over the entire surface of ham.
- Pour water in the bottom of pan.
- Tent ham with aluminum foil, sealing edges to sides of pan.
- Bake on the center rack and bake for 15 minutes per pound.
- About 15 minutes before it's done apply additional glaze remove foil and increase temperature for to 425 and bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
- Warm Pineapple Compote
- Combine all ingredients except cornstarch to a medium saucepot and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes until pineapple is tender and juices are syrupy.
- Whisk in cornstarch 1 teaspoon at a time to thicken sauce if desired.
- Allow to cool slightly then serve warm over ham.