An easy recipe for warm, melt in your mouth Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins that are super simple to make and taste just like a cinnamon sugar donut!
If there is one recipe I really, really want you to try this week it’s these amazing Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins! They’re irresistible! Words cannot describe how good these are! Not only are these tasty little bites of goodness beyond words but they are so easy too! I bet you already have all the ingredients you need to make these on hand. They literally take minutes to make, about 15 minutes to bake and about 2 minutes to devour! Be warned, once you try one of these mini muffins you won’t be able to stop eating them! So pour yourself a tall glass of milk and prepare yourself to fall in love with these little guys.
These Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins are soft, chewy just like a donut except they’re baked! I was inspired to make these delicious donuts from a local donut company that makes the most amazing donuts. I see them all around town at craft shows and farmers markets. Recently when Mr. Mother Thyme and I were at a craft show on a little date night we had a chance to try these donuts. The funny thing is at first we actually just got one of each kind of donut they were serving which was a cinnamon sugar and an apple flavored donut. When I took a bite of these donuts I literally got weak in the knees. No joke! They were soft, warm and just amazing. We literally turned right back around and went back to their booth and grabbed some more to take home.
Since then I’ve dreamed about these donuts! They’re so simple but they’re so good! Nothing beats a warm, fresh donut and these Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins are the next best thing and honestly I think maybe even better! I totally recommend serving these donuts warm! After they come out of the oven let them cool for a few minutes until they’re cool enough to touch then dip them in melted butter and toss them in a cinnamon sugar mixture and serve immediately with a tall glass of milk! If you can’t serve them fresh out of the oven that’s totally fine. Just pop them in the microwave for just a few seconds to warm them up or they’re just as good at room temperature! Warm or cold these will become a family favorite for sure!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup whole or 2% milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Generously spray a 24 cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture and add buttermilk, milk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Stir ingredients together until combined.
- Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake on the center rack of a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until bottoms of muffins are golden brown a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes until cool enough to touch.
- Pour melted butter in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- While muffins are still warm dip muffins in melted butter then toss to muffins in cinnamon sugar mixture then transfer to a cooling rack or plate.
I usually bake these for 17 minutes. Every offer differs so check them at 15 minutes and if needed bake for a couple minutes longer.