Looking for a healthier alternative to french fries? Then you have to try these Crispy Baked Cauliflower Poppers that are loaded with flavor and taste like french fries! They’re great for dipping in ketchup or a tasty garlic aioli for a satisfying and guilt-free treat!
This post is sponsored by Simply Organic
I’m just going to jump right in and start by saying you need, need, need to try these incredible Crispy Baked Cauliflower Poppers!
Like today! Seriously!
Even if you’re not a huge cauliflower fan these Crispy Baked Cauliflower Poppers are life-changing! Trust me!
Can I use anymore exclamation points!
Early this year I made the switch to paleo-ish lifestyle. Like these tasty cauliflower poppers, going to a paleo-ish diet has been life-changing as well. While I haven’t spoken much about going paleo-ish on MT yet it has made a huge impact on the way I view and eat food not just for me but for my family. Since I’m the head chef in our kitchen my kiddos and Mr. Mother Thyme are also reaping the benefits of a paleo-ish lifestyle although I’m a little more lenient with them when it comes to certain food, hence the paleo-ISH.
One of the first things I did when I switched to my paleo-ish lifestyle is I purged my pantry and restocked my spice cabinet with all new spices by Simply Organic. No joke! I did it not just because I love their cute glass spice jars that make my spice cabinet look pretty although that’s a definite bonus but I also new Simply Organic had 100% certified organic spices, seasoning mixes and baking flavors.
Honestly you guys Simply Organic spices are so fragrant and superb quality I can really taste the difference in my recipes. From the moment you open the jar you can smell the irresistible aroma of the spices. One of my favorites has been Simply Organic Herbs de Provence. Wow! Just wow! This amazing blend has been a favorite on chicken and sprinkled over roasted veggies.
Something new for me and new to the Simply Organic brand as well is the Simply Organic Nutritional Yeast. I’ll be honest before changing my diet I never heard of it but let me tell you since I have and have been using it it’s become one of my favorites. Nutritional yeast is a deactivated yeast that has a robust flavor. It is used as a cheese substitute. Since I cut most dairy out of my diet right now the Simply Organic Nutritional Yeast has been a lifesaver for me when I’m looking for a little cheesy flavor on some veggies. The Simply Organic Nutritional Yeast not only adds flavor to these poppers but also helps makes these poppers crispy. If you’re a popcorn lover a little Simply Organic Nutritional Yeast is yummy sprinkled on some popcorn or try it on potatoes too.
One of my absolute favorite things I make using nutritional yeast are these Crispy Baked Cauliflower Poppers! I admit I make these just for myself and have literally eaten them all! Words can’t describe how good these are! Even Mr. Mother Thyme who isn’t a huge cauliflower fan and my super picky daughter love these! That’s huge!
I have a weakness for good french fries and these Crispy Baked Cauliflower Poppers satisfy my cravings for fries when a craving hits.
These tasty little bites of cauliflower goodness are perfect for popping in your mouth alone or dunk them in ketchup just like fries. My favorite way to serve and eat these is with easy peasy garlic aioli. It takes these to a whole other level of goodness!
More about this recipe
These Crispy Baked Cauliflower Poppers are loaded with a ton of flavor thanks to a tasty spice blend made with Simply Organic spices. The secret to this recipe is to toss the cauliflower florets first with olive oil then gradually toss with the spice blend to get a good coat on the cauliflower. You want to bake these roughly for 45-50 minutes turning every 20 minutes so they get nice and crispy on all sides. As they bake they get nice and crispy and transform into tasty bites of cauliflower that almost taste like french fries. Even when they’re almost done baking it starts to smell more like french fries baking in the oven!
If you’re feeling a little adventurous you can pop these under the broiler for a minute or two at the end for even more crispiness. I just warn you if you do this to watch them carefully. I love to pop them under the broiler but I don’t move and check them every 30 seconds or else they could go from crispy to burnt in no time.
Once they’re done if you can resist let them cool for a minute or two. They’re definitely the best right out of the oven. Sprinkle with some coarse salt and serve with a side or ketchup or my recipe for tasty garlic aioli for a tasty and guilt free treat you will absolutely love!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Simply Organic Nutritional Yeast
- 1½ teaspoons Simply Organic garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for serving
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Garlic Aioli optional
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Simply Organic garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Simply Organic parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over cauliflower and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl mix together nutritional yeast, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle in about ⅓ of the spice blend over cauliflower and toss until coated.
- Gradually add in a little more of the spice blend tossing well before adding more until all the spice blend has been added and the cauliflower is well coated.
- Place cauliflower on prepared baking sheet in a single layer and avoid crowding for even cooking.
- If necessary use two baking sheets.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes turning every 20 minutes until cauliflower is brown on all sides and nice and crispy.
- For added crispiness pop these under the broiler for 1-2 minutes at the end. Just watch them carefully so they don't burn.
- Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with a little kosher salt before serving.
- Best served warm right out of the oven.
- Garlic Aioli
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Disclosure: I received compensation from Simply Organic in exchange for this post. All opinions as always are 100% my own.