Overwhelmed of what to bake this holiday season or what to cook for Christmas dinner? Here’s a list of what I’ll be making to give you some ideas and inspo!
Christmas is right around the corner! Can you believe it! If you’re hosting Christmas dinner, do you know what your making yet? If not, it’s time to plan it out so you’re not overwhelmed last minute.
To help you with some ideas and inspo, I thought I’d share what I’m making as well as a few other holiday favorites that I’ve made in years past.
To get started PRINT out my free holiday recipe menu. This is a great to help you stay organized and create a shopping list after you shop your pantry. It’s what I use and it helps keep me organized!
If you’ve caught my stories on Facebook or Instagram I’ve shared recently how I organize my recipes for all my Christmas baking and for our Christmas dinner. I like to use a binder and sheet protectors to put all my printed or copies of recipes from my cookbooks so I have access to them all in one place. I can also easily refer back to my binder should I need to check for ingredients, etc… and the sheet protectors help them stay clean.
Starting Wednesday each day I’ll be making a fun little Christmas treat or baking cookies up until Christmas Eve so I have plenty of goodies to enjoy on the big day.
CHRISTMAS COOKIES & TREATS
Many of you asked what’s on my list, so here goes! Simply click on the recipe below to hop over to the recipe to print for yourself!
- Wednesday 12/18 – Christmas Crack
- Thursday 12/19 – Chocolate Fudge
- Friday 12/20 – Candied Pecans
- Saturday 12/21 – Pretzel Turtles
- Sunday 12/22 – Snowball Cookies & Rum Balls
- Monday 12/23 – Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Other Holiday Favorites
- Peanut Brittle
- Pistachio Wedding Cookies
- Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oreo Truffles
CHRISTMAS DINNER MENU
We’re not having a sit down Griswald Christmas dinner. We like to keep things simple and have a buffet. Years ago we’d have a sit down dinner but the last few years it’s been nice having a buffet and letting everyone just eat at their own pace. Plus there is always so much food so it’s nice to have a buffet out so everyone can enjoy it for awhile!
Here’s what is on the menu.
Appetizers (which I have out when everyone arrives)
- Holiday Meatballs – 3 ingredients!
- Cheese Tray – easy peasy store bought cheese and crackers. Keep it simple and stress free!
- Pepper Jelly & Cream Cheese Spread – softened block of cream cheese topped with pepper jelly. Serving with crackers.
- Rye Bread & Dip – store bought! Easy peasy my friends
- Shrimp and cocktail sauce
- Ham – along with rolls for sandwiches, condiments including mustard and mayo, swiss cheese.
- Ham glaze – Copycat Honeybaked Ham recipe!
- Company Potatoes – making a corn flake topping 2 cups cornflakes mixed with 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Baked Rigatoni – just rigatoni and pasta sauce. I’ll keep warm in the slow cooker.
- Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Orange Jello Fluff Salad
- Cookies (of course!)
- Pecan Pie (from this amazing pie shop!)
- Peppermint Pie (easy peasy frozen Walmart pie!)
- Juniors Cheesecake
- All the yummy treats I’ve made above this week!
So that’s pretty much it! What’s on your holiday menu! Comment below! I’d love to know!
I’ll be sharing on stories all of the goodies I make leading up to Christmas!