For an easy meal on a busy weeknight try this delicious Bacon Wrapped BBQ Chicken Thighs. This meal comes together quickly and is so good!
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
I never used to be a fan of chicken thighs. I am usually a chicken breast kind of gal until I thought I would give chicken thighs another try.
Boy am I glad I did. This meal is delish!
It is so good, it has been on our dinner menu for the last three weeks. Seriously.
One pan, ten minutes prep and about forty minutes to bake and dinner is served. Easy peasy and so, so good!
Not only do I love the fact that this meal comes together so quickly, but it costs about $12.oo tops to make this entire dish and it feeds a family of four. That is even based on using organic chicken thighs.
This is simply boneless, skinless chicken thighs wrapped in bacon. Cover with your favorite BBQ sauce (I have been using Trader Joe’s) and top with lots of freshly chopped rosemary. Pop it in the oven for about 30-40 minutes then remove from the oven, baste, cover with foil and let it rest for about 5-10 minutes. It is so tender and juicy you can cut it with a fork. A perfect meal to whip up on a busy weeknight, or even a crowd.
Once you try this yummy meal I’m sure you will be adding it to your dinner menu often as well!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6 pieces)
- 6-8 center cut bacon slices
- 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary plus a few sprigs
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wrap each chicken thigh with one slice of bacon and place seam side down in a medium shallow baking dish.
- Season with a sprinkle of salt and a few cracks of black pepper.
- Pour BBQ sauce over chicken and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and place 1-2 sprigs in the BBQ sauce.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked and meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven, baste and cover with foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove rosemary sprigs from sauce and serve.