- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 15.5 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 2 cups Mexican cheese
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce (recipe above)
- 10 6" flour tortillas
- In a small bowl stir together tomato sauce, water, chili powder, tomato paste, garlic powder, salt and cumin until blended and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a small saucepan. Stir in flour until flour dissolved. Gradually whisk in tomato mixture. Reduce heat to low and stir until sauce thickens, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray non stick cooking spray on a 9"x13" casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine rice, black beans, corn, salsa, 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce and 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Stir until combined.
- Divide mixture between each tortilla. Wrap each tortilla and place seam side down in casserole dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Makes 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce