When I was creating my plan for the week of recipes I was going to test and share on MT I had set in my mind I wanted to do a Pumpkin Blondies but I got it stuck in my head calling it a Pumpkie. I know, silly, right? Call them Pumpkies or call them Pumpkin Blondies, I just call them good!
They are soft and chewy, a perfect pumpkin treat. I was going to dress them up a little bit either by adding something in them or possibly a cream cheese frosting (oh my) but I left these simple as they are perfect just like this!
What you need
Step one: Cream butter and sugar.
Step two: Add in egg and pumpkin.
Step three: Add in dry ingredients.
Step four: Spread in baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using electric mixer cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, pumpkin puree and mix until combined.
- In am small bowl mix flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Gradually add into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Spread into baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool pan on wire rack before cutting.