I have been somewhat absent this week so I grilled you something to make up for it.
My reasons are totally excusable.
It’s been one of those weeks where things have just been crazy. It all started when we realized the hose to the ice maker has been leaking. Who knows how long it was leaking for but we only noticed it once it was leaking into the basement and the water was coming up through the seams on the floor.
After having half our kitchen floor taken out and commercial dryers in the kitchen for days now we are doing an unexpected kitchen renovation. Just what we wanted to be doing a few days before we head on vacation.
Oh yes, in the midst of it all we are embarking on our first family vacation with the kids. A much needed one at that. We are heading to Lake George in New York. You can follow me on Instagram as I am sure I will be sharing highlights of this scenic destination tucked in the Adirondacks.
Between kitchen floors torn up, vacation planning and packing there just has not been enough hours in the day to even get on the computer for very long. Let’s not forget chasing around those cute little twins of mine too.
Calgon, take me away!
I am so going for a massage on vacation.
Moving on, I have a few posts set up while away and when I get back stay tuned for a giveaway on one of my favorite kitchen gadgets! I just may give a sneak peak on Facebook. I’ll keep you in suspense in the meantime.
Also I have one more exciting thing to share with you. I have partnered with ZipList! In the next couple weeks you will begin seeing a Save Recipe button on the bottom of all the recipes. If you are already a member of ZipList you know how great it is. If you aren’t you should check it out and join (It’s free!) You can save recipes from here or any other site that is partnered with ZipList and you can access your recipe box along with a grocery list from any ZipList site, ziplist.com or even their app. And if you find a recipe you want to save into your ZipList recipe box there isn’t a Save Recipe button you can install a Save Recipe button on your toolbar so you can save any recipe. This is truly the only recipe box you will ever need. I’ll be sharing more details about this with you soon.
Now for these pitas; oh yes! Simple veggies tossed in a few common ingredients and grilled just until slightly tender. Serve the grilled vegetables in warm pitas along with this cilantro-lime pesto which is probably the most amazing pesto known to man and either queso fresco or feta cheese.
I could eat this everyday.
Actually the last several days I have.
Fire up the grill and enjoy these pitas this weekend!
Wipe up some cilantro-lime pesto. This stuff is amazing!
Toss veggies in olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and ground cumin.
Grill until just slightly tender. About 7-10 minutes.
Grilled Vegetable Pitas with Cilantro-Lime Pesto
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium orange pepper, sliced
- 1 medium yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 cup yellow squash, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1/2 cup sunburst tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cherub tomatoes
- 1 garlic cloved, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pinch of ground cumin
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 whole pitas
- 1/3 cup queso fresco or feta cheese
- Preheat grill on medium heat.
- Place vegetables in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. Add in salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and cumin and toss until vegetables are coated with olive oil and seasoning.
- Place vegetables in a grill basket and cook for 7-10 minutes until just slightly tender.
- In a food processor combine cilantro leaves, lime juice, walnuts, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. Turn on high and stream in olive oil until blended.
- Slice pitas and spread the inside of each pocket with a generous amount of pesto. Add in grilled vegetables and top with cheese.