An easy homemade recipe for moist and delicious Rum Cake with topped with Butter Rum Glaze perfect for any occasion!
Today I’m sharing a recipe from Holiday Thyme! It was a hard decision to pick just one since I love all the recipes I created for the book but I decided to share with you my Rum Cake with Butter Rum Glaze. Unlike most rum cake recipes, this one does not come from a box cake mix (not that there is anything wrong with that) and oh my goodness is it amazing.
Rum is another flavor that reminds me of the holidays so what perfect way to celebrate the season than with a rum cake. This smells so good when it is baking. After it has cooled slightly, top it off with a butter rum glaze for a great dessert to serve at your holiday gatherings. I always like to reserve a little of the glaze to also drizzle on the slices right before serving as well.
Holiday Thyme is filled with recipes like these. Need dinner ideas? Try my Maple-Glazed Pork Tenderloin or even an easy recipe for Sicilian Chicken that you can also find in this book and also great for any holiday dinner parties you may be hosting. And you don’t want to miss my recipe for homemade Eggnog, or one of my favorites Processo and Cranberry Mojitos, great for ringing in the New Year.
In the meantime lets enjoy the Holiday Thyme and a warm piece of Rum Cake!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”S9QCAhIM” upload-date=”2018-07-01T12:32:33.000Z” name=”Rum Cake” description=”An easy homemade recipe for moist and delicious Rum Cake with topped with Butter Rum Glaze perfect for any occasion!”]
Rum Cake with Butter Rum Glaze
Moist and delicious rum cake topped with a butter rum glaze is the perfect ending to your holiday dinner.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light rum
- Butter Rum Glaze
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously spray a standard 10-inch bundt pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle walnuts evenly on the bottom of bundt pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer cream butter and sugar. Stir in vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract and rum.
- Gradually add in flour mixture to wet ingredients until blended. Pour batter into bundt pan on top of nuts.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes until cake tester comes out clean. Cool completely before inverting.
- Butter Rum Glaze
- In a small saucepan combine butter, sugar, rum and water over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Using a toothpick poke small holes all over cake. Generously brush cake with glaze. Drizzle remaining glaze on top of cake. Reserve a small amount to pour on slices when serving.