Soft snickerdoodles with the flavor of apple cider and stuffed with chewy caramels. This is one good cookie!
Mmmm, these cookies!
There are no words to describe how incredible these cookies are. If you love a good cookie, these need to be the next on your list to try.
Soft and chewy apple cider snickerdoodles with an ooey, gooey caramel center. Once you try these you may need to hold yourself back from eating them all.
This recipe puts a spin on a classic snickerdoodle that combines instant apple cider mix that gives a hint of apple cider in each chewy bite. These snickerdoodles even without the caramel center are delicious. I couldn’t resist stuffing these with caramel because apple cider and caramel are the perfect combination.
Serve these cookies warm to get an gooey bite of caramel or serve at room temperature for a chewy center.
If you want a cookie that is a taste of fall, this is it. Anyone you make these for will thank you, and probably want you to make more!
What you need
Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Original Instant Drink Mix (or similar)
Cream of tartar
Step one: Cream butter and sugar.
Step two: Add eggs one at a time.
Step three: Add in vanilla extract.
Step four: In a medium bowl mix flour, apple cider drink mix packets, cinnamon, baking soda, cream or tartar and salt. Gradually add into wet mixture until combined.
Step five: Roll two tablespoons of dough into a ball and flatten slightly. Add caramel in center of dough and wrap dough around caramel to form a ball.
Step six: Roll ball in cinnamon sugar mixture and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Caramel Apple Cider Snickerdoodles
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 dozen depending on cookie size 1x
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 (.74 ounce) packets Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Original Instant Drink Mix, or similar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24–48 caramel squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, apple cider mix packets, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Using an electric mixer cream butter and 1 cup sugar.
- Add eggs on at a time.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture until combined.
- In a small shallow bowl mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Shape dough into 2 tablespoon size balls. Flatten slightly and add a caramel in the center. Roll dough around caramel to form a ball.
- Roll ball in cinnamon sugar mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
For smaller cookiers, cut caramels in half and roll 1 tablespoon size balls. Flatten slightly and place caramel in the center of dough. Wrap dough around caramel and place on baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes.