Brown Sugar Pancakes
Sweet and delicious Brown Sugar Pancakes topped with a simple Brown Sugar Syrup — breakfast is served!
Who’s ready for the weekend?
Weekends are perfect for a big stack of pancakes drizzled with warm syrup. Gather the family around the table with some pancakes, sausage, juice and fresh berries. It’s how I like to kick off the weekends. And since I’m already flipping pancakes, I usually make more to freeze. They are great to have on hand for quick heat and go breakfasts during the week.
These tasty pancakes are topped with a warm Brown Sugar Syrup that you just have to try. Not only is it incredibly easy to make with just water and brown sugar, it is so good. I make this often and serve it in place of maple syrup, plus it’s cheaper. It is so much better than the imitation pancake syrup stuff.
Once you try these sweet and delicious Brown Sugar Pancakes, they may become an everyday favorite.Print
Brown Sugar Pancakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 pancakes 1x
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Brown Butter Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl whisk milk, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla extract until blended.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until blended and smooth.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Pour desired amount of batter on skillet. Sprinkle batter with a few pinches of remaining brown sugar.
- Flip pancakes when pinhole size bubbles begin to form.
- Serve warm with Brown Sugar Syrup
Brown Sugar Syrup
- Add water and brown sugar to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat to cool.
- Serve warm over pancakes. Store remaining syrup in the refrigerator until ready to use.
i am so liking the looks of these. My mom used to make us this syrup as a kid! Yum!
These were great. I had to add more dry ingredients to thicken it up, but we really enjoyed them.
Made these today. We loved them!!! Will make more next time and freeze them for weekday breakfast. Thank you for sharing the recipe
Hi Joanna! So glad you loved this recipe! Thanks for letting me know!