Simple and delicious Lemon Ricotta Danish that uses puff pastry so it only takes a few minutes to make!
I have fallen in love with this Lemon Ricotta Danish. I swear I could devour the entire thing. It is simply ricotta mixed with some sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and a splash of lemon juice and wrapped in a puff pastry. How easy is that? It only takes a few minutes to put this together, and about 25 minutes to bake. Before you know it, you have a delicious danish ready to serve. Once you try this, you will be amazed how tasty it is.
I have a love for puff pastry. It is something I always have in the freezer. I love using it for so many sweet and savory recipes. Some of my favorites are Roasted Garlic Flatbread and Mixed Berry and Mascarpone Flatbread. The funny thing is, I actually had planned on sharing another puff pastry recipe today when I created this. I thought this was perfect for Easter brunch, that I didn’t want to wait.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can easily create this delicious danish that you will love making again and again.
Lemon Ricotta Danish
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups whole ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest from one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unroll and lay puff pastry flat on baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, cut 1 1/2 inch slits 1 inch apart. Do the same on opposite side.
- In a medium bowl mix ricotta cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice.
- Spread in the center of pasty leaving about 2 inch border.
- Cross strips over filling, alternating from each side making sure ends overlap.
- In a small bowl mix egg and water. Brush over the top of pastry.
- Bake on the center rack for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before adding glaze.
- In a small bowl mix confectioners sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Slowly add a little more lemon juice until mixture is creamy but not runny.
- Drizzle on top of pastry.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Lemon Sugar Cookies
Lemon Cake Pie
Lemon Angel Food Cake
Lemon Wedding Cookies
If you try this recipe, leave a comment below, send me an email, or get in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter or Google + and tell me how you liked it. I would love to hear from you!