Sweet and Salty Brownie Cake Pops
Craving something sweet and salty? Try these easy Sweet and Salty Brownie Cake Pops for a yummy treat everyone will love!
I have always had a weakness for sweet and salty snacks.
A little sprinkle of sea salt or fleur de sel on ice cream, apple crisp or even on these chocolatey brownie cake pops can make something ordinary, extraordinary. The combination of sea salt and Dove® Dark Chocolate is one of my favorites. It’s a match made in heaven.
Cake pops are a fun and easy treat. My kids love these. As much as kids love them, adults love them too. It can actually be a fun little baking project with the kiddos. They are quick to make thanks to a box of your favorite brownie mix and Dove® Dark Chocolate. They are a fun little treat for your next weekend barbecue. Who can resist cake or in this case a brownie on a stick? Great for portion control as well. Now if I could only restrain myself to eating just one.
Speaking of which, these store great in the freezer. If you only need or want to make a few, you can store the rest of the balls in a freezer safe container or bag until you are ready to make the rest. Once you have a craving for more, simply pop a few out of the freezer and let them thaw slightly. They defrost fast. Add a lollipop stick then roll them in the creamy melted Dove® Dark Chocolate and crushed pretzels. Sprinkle them with a little sea salt for the final touch.
Just talking about these makes me crave one. Thankfully I have a few in my freezer!
If you don’t have lollipop sticks you can simply roll these in the Dove® Dark Chocolate, top with the pretzel and salt and make them into little brownie bites, or truffles. How cute is that?
Instead of taking a batch of brownies to your next gathering with friends or family, gives these little bites of Dove® Dark Chocolate sweet and salty brownie cake pops a try! They make a yummy treat everyone will love!
For more chocolate yumminess, stay connected with Dove® Dark Chocolate on Facebook and Twitter.Print
Sweet and Salty Brownie Cake Pops
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 32 brownie cake pops 1x
- 1 family size box brownie mix (for a 9x13 pan)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 bag Dove Dark Chocolate, unwrapped
- 2 cup pretzels, crushed
- 1–2 teaspoons fleur de sel or sea salt
- Lollipop sticks
- Prepare brownies per packages instructions. Cool completely.
- Remove brownies from pan and place brownies in a food processor and pulse a few times until crumbly.
- Place crumbled brownies and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, mix until well combined. Chill mixture in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Make tablespoon size balls and place on a large wax or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Freeze balls for about 45 minutes.
- Melt chocolates using a double boiler or microwave in 30 seconds intervals. Let melted chocolate cool slightly.
- Insert lollipop sticks into balls. Dip in chocolate, letting excess drip off, then roll in crushed pretzels. Sprinkle with fleur de sel or sea salt. Set back on baking sheet.
- Repeat until all balls are done then place in the refrigerator until chocolate hardens.
- Store in air tight containers until ready to serve.
Disclaimer: Compensation was provided by Dove® Dark Chocolate via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Dove or Momtrends.
Oh my, I’m kind of dying for 5 of these right now. I’d be totally addicted!
These look amazing! Have you ever made these with Milk Chocolate? I’m not a dark chocolate fan. Thanks. Tiffany
Do you need to keep these refrigerated due to the cream cheese?
Hi Angie, yes I usually keep these refrigerated until ready to serve. Enjoy!