The Best Italian Sausage and Peppers Pizza
- 1 3/4 – 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® Pizza Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup warm water (120-130 degrees)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1 pound cooked and crumbled mild Italian sausage
- 2 small bell peppers (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine 1 cup flour, packet of yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in water and oil until well blended.
- Gradually add in flour 1/2 cup at a time until dough forms a ball.
- Spoon dough onto a clean, floured surface. Dough will be slightly sticky.
- Knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
- Roll dough to a 12 inch circle and transfer to grease pizza pan.
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasonings. Spread on prepared pizza crust.
- In a large bowl toss Italian sausage, peppers and onions then add to pizza.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake on center rack for 12-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden brown.